14.5.10

Knitting content


I finally finished my baktus-scarf; i got to use it for two weeks and now it is too warm for a 100% merino wool scarf. But, trusting Finnish weather, it just might become cold again. The yarn i used is really sock yarn (should stand some wear, then!) from ShibuiKnits. The colour's called Honey. 

The scarf is long enough to go twice around my throat. It is rather nice with my black spring (and that's not an oxymoron) coat. I just love garter stitch, it's so dense, bouncy and there is no wrong side to the scraf; that's a pet peeve with me in regard to many otherwise beautiful scarf patterns. Which brings me to the next knitting problem. What scarf / shawl to make of these:

There's one skein of Handmaiden Fine Yarn Casbah Sock in Nova Scotia and two skeins of ShibuiKnits Sock in Midnight. That's about 675 metres of yarn. The Casbah is so soft, perhaps because it has cashmere in it. Anyway, i can't decide what kind of shawl to knit with these. I've leaning towards Westknits's Daybreak, but i'm not sure. Ideally, i would like to use all of the yarn in the scarf and the Daybreak would not. An ordinary striped triangle scarf is always a possibility; or i could make it crecent-shaped. The other problem is, that i would like the shawl to look airy, but not lacy... Luckily i have some time to think, my current commuting knit is still a WIP.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti