21.10.10

FO: thermis

Everybody seems to have made one of these;  I too. I used a lovely grey DK weight merino from colourmart (i've knit a cable cardi of the same yarn but have not photographed / blogged about it as yet). The Ravelry project link is here. The colour is closest to real in the three first photos.





The buttons are made of suede. Before this project I didn't know I would want to use anything made of grey suede. The cowl is lovely, soft, warm and practical and to my mind, stylish. An easy knit, too.

I've continued to knit a vest for a friend. According to ravelry, i begun it in January... No valid excuses there. Should finish rather soon, though.

Then I've started to knit a cashmere scarf/stole  (rav link) in a lovely truffle-coloured cashmere. How lovely is that! The pattern is by Anne Hanson of Knitspot, called Hypoteneuse. It's both interesting and simple. And knit from cashmere, should make a warm addition to my winter wardrobe.


1 kommentti:

  1. Hi, I wood like to know how you wash away the industry oil on this yarn, i was buying this yarn from colourmart, yarn not yet arrived but i start to worry....i read a lot on their site about washing but there isn't any real clear step.
    they told to use
    # use as hot water as you can
    # use something that removes oil, like detergent, not soap
    about hot water no clear degree to follow, detergent got many kind also
    which kind?
    I saw yours are very nice, would like to know how you do it?

    VastaaPoista