1.11.10

FO: Mystery socks

A finished pair of socks (!):


The Cat couldn't resist this photo shoot...See her little foot on the right. They are my first KAL (knit along)  and my first mystery socks, too. The pattern is by Kirsten Kapur of Throught the Loops. Those who don't know, the idea of a mystery sock KAL is that the designer posts a clue, part of the pattern, at regular intervals and eventually they make up a sock. There's no photo, so you don't know what kind of a sock you're knitting until you're finished. 

This KAL took place over five weeks and I finished just in time, October 30th. My first ever participation to the Socktoberfest, now I come to think about it, too. I knit both socks simultaniously, or I would have fallen victim to the dredded Second Sock Syndrome. I usually do.



The yarn is Shibui knits sock, in Midnight. A really lovely blue. And it didn't pool as badly as another shade (bark) of the same yarn i've tried before. I used 83 grams of it (it comes in 50-grams skeins) for size S socks. I bought the yarn from Titityy some time ago.



Here's the link to the ravelry project page.

Besides infiltrating photos, The Cat also hogs MY favourite knitting place, and does not even look sorry...



...even though I put up fairylights to the balcony just for her.



...and maybe because now I can see what she's up to, there, when taking her evening constitutional.


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti