3.1.11

New Year, old things

The old year past into a new one rather quietly. I sipped sparkling wine and watched fireworks at my mothers.

This would be the time to make well-thought out pledges about how I plan to grow as a human being  in 2011. Duh. I promise to try to loose weight and to try to get me and my bloody knee fit. That's it. In more practical level: eat sensibly, eat less, exercise more.

More seriously, I try to have only one (1) serious knitting project in progress simultaniously. Accessories do not count as serious, no matter how many thousand stitches / difficult patterns they might contain. And this brings me to a few FOs or Finished Objects, my dear non-knitting reader. (I know I have one!)

This is Maija's vest, also know as a Vest of True Friendship


According to ravelry, I started this vest for my friend on January 13th, 2010. I finished it on November 23rd, 2010. It was meant to be finished quite a few months earlier. Thank you Maija for being so patient with me and still being my friend!

The pattern is my own, made to her measurements, but it was influenced by a pattern I spotted in Knit Simple, as I recall. The yarn is Drops Karisma. Here is the Rav link for the project.

Here's a hat for me, in ColourMart DK-weight cashmere/merino blend.


The pattern (free, by the way) is by Irina Saukh and its called Elementary Geometry. A well-written, clear pattern with a simple and effective FO. Really nice. Here's the link to my project page. I've knit a scarf from the same yarn to match the hat, more of it anon.

I gave a few hand knits as Christmas preasents. I don't have photos of them all - actually, I don't have FO photos of any of them!!! How did that happen? In a hurry, I bet. So, I don't know whether I'll blog about them or now. I knit legwarmers for both Merja and my granny, a pullover for father and a hat for Juhani. I planned to knit a hat for my sister, but ran out of time so switched the due date to her BD on Feb 11th.

Dear year 2011, be a lovely year, please?

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti